upgrading ram

hi, my first post, i have just bought windows vista but my memory (RAM) is only 256MB, could anyone tell me please how i can upgrade to 512MB, would appreciate it.

mobileman1953 18:33 28 Nov 08

you need at least 1 gig of ram preferebly 2 gig to run vista

MAJ 18:35 28 Nov 08

You'll need more than 512MB, you'll need at least 1GB of RAM, but 2GB would be better. Go click here and run the scanner, it will tell you the type of memory you'll need for your computer.

what would i need to do that

citadel 18:37 28 Nov 08

go to crucial.com and use the scan to find out what you have and what you can get.

cant seem to find my product line or model

MAJ 18:54 28 Nov 08

What make and model is your PC?

think i have found it, my comp is a packard bell, imedia 5077, do i need a wrist band to do this

MAJ 19:04 28 Nov 08

This is the memory you'll need click here but you can only go to a maximum of 1GB. That seems to be a pretty old PC, I wouldn't advise installing Vista on it. What processor is it using?

all i know really is it says intel pentium 4 if thats any help to you

MAJ 19:14 28 Nov 08

Partially, chris p bacon, which operating system is it using at the moment? I wouldn't go any higher than XP when you have a maximum RAM capacity of 1GB. Your on-board graphics will use some of that 1gb as well. Vista basic will run on it, but what's the point?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…