Upgrading RAM

si_l 17:56 26 May 07

I'm sure that this has been asked a dew times, but I have looked through a couple of posts and can't find a proper answer.

I did a Crucial Memory scan on my PC, and it gave me the type of RAM I need, I went and bought some for it using this info.

The machine currently has 256 in it, and I am going to add another 256 mb.

How do I go about this? A step by step guide would be good, (links to guides are also helpful). Do you have to wear an anti-static band when you do it?

missingit 18:07 26 May 07
  Totally-braindead 18:20 26 May 07

You didn't buy the Crucial RAM did you?

This might be a mistake unless you bought EXACTLY the same type of memory - only time will tell.

Read this click here and for a guide to installing it click here

si_l 19:02 26 May 07

No I got the RAM from Ebay, it was much cheaper but I made sure it matched the specs that crucial gave me.

MAJ 19:07 26 May 07

oh dear!! Hope it's okay for you, but something as vital and as fragile as RAM should be bought from a recognised and trusted supplier who will give you a guarantee, like Crucial.

Totally-braindead 20:30 26 May 07

You can but try it, if it works fine but if not then you'll have to try and return it.

wee eddie 22:09 26 May 07
  si_l 14:03 27 May 07

Ok will try the RAM, it was bought from an Ebay shop with loads of good feedback from happy customers, but I will buy from crucial if it doesnt work.

Wee eddie, thanks for your link, excellent idea whoever made that video, it is worth watching if you are unsure what to do.

:)

wee eddie 14:07 27 May 07

There's rarely anything wrong with eBay Memory.

It's just that they rarely publish the full spec. and 1 difference can mess up the whole operation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now