upgrading ram

delantero 17:23 26 Apr 05

hi, I have a pentium III (999MHz)which currently has 256 (133)sdram. I would like to upgrade this to 512 but I have heard that I could have compatibilty problems with this old type of ram. If I buy another 256 what are the chances of it working? Would it be better to buy 512 (the max permitted by the motherboard) and replace the ram I have now. I have windows xp pro with service pack 2. Thanks for your help...

scotty 17:42 26 Apr 05

Visit click here and use their wizard to select the appropriate memory for your motherboard.

scotty 17:47 26 Apr 05

Sorry, wrong link. Should be click here

jack 20:11 26 Apr 05

I have not clicked Scotty;s link so I risk repeating Crucial is the place
dial 'em up download the checker, order the ram
suggested, with you in 48 hours - The tricky bit is getting it in. - Isnt it always!
Did last week wnt like a dream after a few hiccups
with slots.

Totally-braindead 20:16 26 Apr 05

If you do as the others have suggested and go to Crucial they guarantee 100% that it will work, if you buy generic memory from anywhere else it might not work as you seem to realise. Go to Crucial on the link above. The RAM you get from Crucial should work with your existing RAM.

delantero 20:53 26 Apr 05

thanks for the advice. I've been to the site and seem to have found what I need. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…