Upgrading Radeon HD 7350 Graphics Card

zingy12 06:45 AM 21 Jun 13

I recently bought a PC and I was wondering if i could upgrade the video card from a Radeon 7350 HD. My PC is an Acer Aspire x3475 ( http://www.acercomputer.se/ac/sv/SE/content/model/DT.SKJEQ.003 I think this is the older version though) and it has a APU A8 5500 and 8 gigs of ram. I'm not sure of the PSU yet and it is a pretty small desktop so I was looking at something like the Radeon 7750 to upgrade to as it is a small and solid video card. Anyway do you guys have any suggestions and do you think it would be possible to upgrade? Thanks!

Chronos the 2nd 09:26 AM 21 Jun 13

Just be sure that whatever GPU you choose is what is known as low profile as I see that your PC is narrow so you will be unable to fit a usual height graphics card in this case.

The 7750 is not really much of an improvement on your current GPU so it would not be a good upgrade. Compare.

Do you have a budget? What is your reason for looking at an upgrade?

zingy12 16:26 PM 21 Jun 13

Well the reason I want to upgrade is so that I can game with a decent card, and currently I can barely run more demanding games at low. Other people tell me that the Sapphire Low Profile 7750 can run most games at medium or high if I have a good enough CPU, and that's a pretty good improvement. Another problem I just figured out is that my PSU is only 220 W and my case is to small to install I new PSU but do you think it would be possible to switch to the external power supply like this one, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104054?

Chronos the 2nd 17:04 PM 21 Jun 13

You will be able to fit a bigger PSU in your PC as although the wattage is only 220W there will most certainly be higher wattage PSU's to fit your case.

Can you give me the make/model number from your current PC.

It would seem a little pointless to buy an upgrade that is only minimal, yes it might well play games at medium/high,this I doubt, but what of later games, you will be back looking for a further upgrade.

By the way your link is broken. Just give the part number but as I have said it is very easy to fit a better PSU as I can assure you they do do them.

I assume that as you are looking a Newegg you are not in the UK?

zingy12 17:54 PM 22 Jun 13

Yes I'm in Canada, and I talked to one of my friends and he is upgrading his computer and would be willing to give me his old parts to me so I can build my own. He is giving me a GTX 550 ti, as well as a 600 W power supply, and a mother board and case. I was thinking of buying an I5 processor and then putting it all together. Would that make a good gaming machine with say the i5-3570 3.4Ghz?

Chronos the 2nd 18:51 PM 22 Jun 13

Not the greatest gaming machine as the 550 is a mid range GPU but without a doubt it will be far better for gaming than your current set up. So good luck with the build.

Chronos the 2nd 18:51 PM 22 Jun 13

Not the greatest gaming machine as the 550 is a mid range GPU but without a doubt it will be far better for gaming than your current set up. So good luck with the build.

zingy12 02:12 AM 23 Jun 13

Thanks and at least this way I'll be getting a full sized case so it is upgradeable unlike my build now.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites