Upgrading from R9000 to R9600

Cybermaxx 10:21 13 Sep 03

This may or may not be a daft question. If I upgrade my Radeon 9000 to a 9600 or 9800, would I actually have to uninstall the old drivers/control panel? They all use the same drivers, don't they? All I would have to do is unplug the old card and fit the new one, and it should work straight away?

I ask this because:- 1) I'm a PC novice. 2) My local computer shop charges £19.99 to fit a piece of hardware. 3) The Radeon 9000 isn't very good. I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you intend to play new games.

Cheers.

Forum Editor 11:33 13 Sep 03

withn the new card anyway, and this will include the appropriate driver version.

Just install the card and run the software. The card will work straight away - you should have no problems.

The Sack 12:01 13 Sep 03

Unified driver isnt it? I thought that the ATi cats were like the nVidia dets? I would imagine so long as you are using the unified driver and not a branded one it would be ok.

Get cat 3.7 anyway as it offers a substantial boost in UT 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…