upgrading power DVD 4.0

dfghjkl 23:38 06 Jan 04

hello just read a thread to do with power dvd.i have 4.0 and i belive there is an upgrade to 5.0,i looked on cyberlink site but could not find an upgrade from 4 to 5,just patches for both of them,can any one help please?thanks,peter

BeForU 04:16 07 Jan 04

in order to go to Power DVD 5, i think you will need have to buy it. im not sure if that i the case so anyone else would like to point that out?

Jester2K 07:28 07 Jan 04

I upgraded not long ago from 4 OEM to 5 Deluxe (ahhh lovely 5.1 surround sound instead of Stereo)

click here

I think its slightly cheaper to buy in Euros so select that first.

Then answer the questions

Which version of PowerDVD do you currently own?

Where did you get your current version?

Then choose

Upgrade to PowerDVD 5 Deluxe

or

Upgrade to PowerDVD 5 Standard

and hit the appropriate Upgrade Now

The CD Key is e-mailed to you but might take an hour or so to arrive...

Jester2K 07:31 07 Jan 04

Prices

According to click here

29.95 USD = 16.4210 GBP

29.99 EUR = 20.9289 GBP

Sorry so it's cheaper to buy in US Dollars (USD)

Stuartli 08:57 07 Jan 04

I've used PowerDVD 3, 5 and (currently) 5.

All have (had) the patches added and, to be honest, I've not noticed that much difference between all three as PowerDVD has always been an excellent program.

Stuartli 09:02 07 Jan 04

Part of the reason, of course, is that I only have the basic 2.1 speaker setup...

This page explains the differences between updating and upgrading plus the price for the latter:

click here

dfghjkl 18:27 07 Jan 04

thanks for your help,i did not know i had to pay for it,i got 4.0 free with my dvd drive,i am a little confused by the fact that 5.0 has 5.1 sound but should i be able to get 5.1 anyway as i have a soundblaster live 5.1 card and speakers?

Jester2K 21:52 07 Jan 04

The OEM copies (the version you get free with the DVD Drive) generally only allow stereo sound regardless of the sound-card.

I have a SB PCI 512 with 4.1 speakers. I could only get stereo sound until i bought the upgrade to 5 Deluxe and got 4.1 surround sound (not sure why i kept saying 5.1 thats the DVD player downstairs!!!)

The way to check how many speakers your copy supports is to open PowerDVD, right click on the screen where the movie appears, select About, double click the PowerDVD logo down the left of the About box and scroll down until you find the Audio Output Capability. This tells you the maximum number of speakers it supports. 2 = Stereo. 8 = up to 7.1.

PowerDVD 5 Deluxe supports up to 7.1....

dfghjkl 22:59 07 Jan 04

thanks jester2k,i have and it is 2 channel,i have msi dvd 5.1 so i will give it a go and see if there is a differance.i have learnt something tonight

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…