Upgrading PC with XP

Flying Teddy 11:07 01 Mar 04

I'm running XP Pro at home, and I intend soon to either replace my mobo/CPU, or to get a completely new PC. I've heard that XP complains if you do this sort of thing. I've just spent a happy hour and a half scouring M$'s websites looking for info on this and found none.

If some kind soul has any experience of this, please could you point me at a page where this is explained?

JIM 12:16 01 Mar 04

if you can:)

Knowing you have XP, a activation via the phone should be no problem if you upgrade only.But is it worth it?

click here

Before you look at the types of PC upgrades you might consider, it's important to think about which computers are worth upgrading. The best measure is the age of your PC. If your computer is less than two years old, it's a good candidate for upgrades. If your PC is much older than that, there's really no point in trying to upgrade it. PCs that are three, four, or more years old are simply unable to take advantage of the newest components such as hard drives or graphics cards.

Deciding if a Motherboard Upgrade is Cost Effective etc.etc.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…