upgrading a PC

the flying monkey 21:07 03 Sep 03

I want to upgrade my motherboard, CPU, video and sound cards and I want to do it right. i'll need to know what's compatible with what so i'm going to need a guide. Does anyone know a good site where I can download a free PC upgrade guide.

the flying monkey 21:26 03 Sep 03

Can i buy an AMD athlon 2600+ XP CPU and plug it into my existing Asus A7A266 motherboard or do I have to buy a new motherboard. If so which one?

Jomi 21:33 03 Sep 03

There's a link to you motherboard here click here the site was incredibly slow so I didn't look further, you should be able to read your motherboards' manual here and that will tell you the max cpu.

MAJ 21:35 03 Sep 03

I think 1.2GHz is the top speed for that motherboard, the flying monkey. click here

clayton 21:44 03 Sep 03
  goonerbill 22:01 03 Sep 03

asking which mobo to buy is like asking how long a piece of string is.

the one that is getting good reviews is asus a7n8x rev.2 ( and no i dont have it, got gigabyte ga-7vax ) but there are lots of mobo's out there all about as good as each other. only thing i will say is that dont get a mobo made by pcchips.

good hunting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…