UPGRADING PAINTSHOP PRO

BELSOX 13:47 18 Jun 06

I have Paintshop pro installed and would like to know if the upgrade to X will work on '8' as I believe it does on '9'. Can't afford full version (see earlier thread!!!)

€dstowe 14:05 18 Jun 06

Do you really need the additional bits that an upgrade will give you?

More often than not upgrades have only minimal advantages to the general user and, frankly, aren't worth the money laid out for them weighed against the improvement in performance or extra facilities the upgrade will offer.

Personally, I would say stick with what you have at the moment, especially as a new version of Windows is around the corner for which, no doubt oodles of new versions of just about any and every bit of software will be available.

wint 17:42 18 Jun 06

I know you've ticked it but...

I upgraded from vers 7 to vers X following an e-mail promotion from Corel.

There are quite a few worthwhile additions from 7.

The upgrade didn't overwrite the old version which is good. Vers X is significantly slower, eg launching vers 7 takes around 5 seconds, vers X is about 21 seconds, opening a 3MB jpeg is about a second in version 7 but about 6 seconds in vers X.

Corel PSP X is worth having for the additional bits (compared to PSP 7 - don't know 8) but keep the old one on your system for quick & simple stuff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…