upgrading Packard Bell I-extreme 9275

mags65 13:05 12 Sep 05

My friend has the above computer that her kids use for some of their games etc. She would like it upgraded, which I am happy to do. I just wondered if anyone has experience of this model.
I accessed the PB site and punched in the serial number to get some info about the system but the serial number comes back as an I-etreme model 9201 instead of a 9275. She really just wants some extra memory and windows XP installed. It already has 256mb of memory and according to the PB site it can take 384mb in total (3 banks of 1). What I want to know is, if it has 2 x 128mb modules installed, will I be able just to add one more 128mb module or would it be better to install three new ones. also does anyone know offhand, what type of graphics card upgrade this machine will handle with 384mb of memory and WinXP. It has a 40gb HDD and a P3 processor. I think the MB chipset is ms6309.

Diodorus Siculus 13:55 12 Sep 05

click here
Everest is by far the best option here - it will tell you what is in the machine and from there you can take your choices re. upgrading.

MAJ 14:02 12 Sep 05

Yes just add another 128MB of memory into the third slot click here . I know little about graphics cards as such but it should be able to handle most of the AGP graphics cards.

mags65 14:31 12 Sep 05

thanks for that suggestion. Have downloaded it to memory stick and will use it on friends comp.
it gives very detailed info. I put it on my system as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…