Upgrading onboard graphics

TrevorLeota 18:09 08 Feb 03

Is it possible to upgrade onboard graphics?

bremner 18:13 08 Feb 03

Only by inserting a dedicated card.

Do you have an AGP slot or would it have to be a PCI card. If you are unsure post deatils of your system and in particular your motherboard.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 18:14 08 Feb 03

depends, by can i upgrade do you mean change to a agp card or do you mean upgrade the existing onboard. if the latter then no!, if the first one then matbe!! all depends on the mobo spec.

post back with more info we will try to help

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 18:15 08 Feb 03

doh, bremner second time tonight beaten to it!!!!

must type faster- must type faster!!

Rayuk 18:20 08 Feb 03

Check to see that you can disable onboard graphics first,if not you wont be able to upgrade.What motherboard do you have?

TrevorLeota 18:22 08 Feb 03

What information do I need on the motherboard? Where can I find it out? As you can see, I'm no expert......

grove34 18:25 08 Feb 03

has it got a brown slot next to all of the pci slots(white ones) , its in the middle of the board and about 3-4 inches long

bremner 19:33 08 Feb 03

Download this small utility called Belac Advisor and when you run it, it will give you a summary of everything on your machine.

click here

TrevorLeota 07:44 09 Feb 03

Only 3 of what I think are card slots, all white with two rows of little pin holes each, I ran Belarc advisor - ahite information do I need off it? How can I tell if it is possible to disable the on board graphics? Thanks for your help so far, by the way.

bremner 09:39 09 Feb 03

Look at the Belarc results and post what it says under the "Main Circuit Board" catagory. This will tell us what motherboard you have.

Rayuk 11:22 09 Feb 03

You would either have to change a jumper on the motherboard or go into the bios to disable it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…