Upgrading Norton AV 2002 to Internet Security 2005

prykie 21:56 06 Dec 04

I want to get my daughter Norton Internet Security 2005 to replace her Norton Anti Virus 2002. Will the Norton Internet Security 2005 Upgrade do the job or should I be purchasing the full version?

BITS&BOBS 22:18 06 Dec 04

I would get the oem version for £16.99 !!I use this guy all the time: click here

13000+ positive feedback cant be wrong - the OEM version is the full version on disc without the box so save £35 !!!

One word 2005 uses alot more RAM than 2002 I would'nt like to run it on a system with less than 512MB RAm

prykie 23:08 06 Dec 04

What is that?

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:31 06 Dec 04

I have had to take NIS off 5 computers in the last few weeks. When you are sat waiting for NIS to uninstall you will realise how intrusive this programme is. Why pay when you can have AVG and zonealarm?

G

BITS&BOBS 13:36 07 Dec 04

Original Equipment Manufacturer just the disk that PC builders get, the full version without the flash box etc save a fortune.

As for unistalling NIS as long as you reinstall it over the original copy before unistalling it its fine and just ensure you delete it from the registry then its just like any other large program.

@ £16.99 I buy it all day long for friends and customers with 1 yr worth of upgades it is great value for money as you also get the disk should you need to install it again much is moaned about the cost of calling for tech-support which I agree is a rip off but if you take the time to use the online support system in 5 years there has'nt been a problem I have been unable to solve with Norton and providing a bit of sence is used when installing and unistalling it its a problem free great peice of software.

stylehurst 14:17 07 Dec 04

I would strongly suggest that you use Zone Alarm in prefence to NIS.
Many of the people I know have had endless problems with NIS blocking Web access.
By all means upgrade the Anti Virus, but leave the Internet Security part of the package alone.

BITS&BOBS 22:43 07 Dec 04

A simple thing solved by going to "program control" in "firewall settings" and permiting the relevent traffic.

prykie 13:57 08 Dec 04

Thanks to all for your help.
Can I ask if any of you know if it is safe now to upgrade to Zone Alarm 5? Some months ago I had a thread on here because when I upgraded from ZA 4.5 to ZA 5 my Norton AV 2004 (& a friend's Norton AV 2002) stopped functioning. We had to uninstall ZA and reinstal the old version which worked.
I found that Zone Alarm help was no use at all as they never responded to my pleas for help.

Modo 14:33 08 Dec 04

ZA 5.5.062.004 seems very stable.

The previous couple of release were having fights with Norton and then the Windows Security centre on our computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…