Upgrading my RAM.?

perpetual motion 13:37 04 Apr 09

Hi guys ive just had delivered two "2 gig" sticks of RAM for my pc, my pc is a click here
I have changed sticks of RAM in the past without any issues, ive got Vista Ult 64 installed & i switched my pc off then took out the power cord then removed the Two "1 gig" sticks replacing them with the new 2 gig sticks, when i rebooted it before it goto desktop i got the Blue Screen of doom click here
ive took the new sticks out of Dim 1 & Dim 2 & had a look but it all seems ok, also they ARE the correct pin & type so im lost? PLEASE can anyone help cause im running on my old P4 pc at mo...
thanks
PM

jimv7 14:18 04 Apr 09

Is the new ram compatable with your computer, try the memory advisor at crucial click here

perpetual motion 14:34 04 Apr 09

jimv7
Thankx but i cant use that on my Xps cause i cant get to desktop..

jimv7 14:53 04 Apr 09

Try the old ram 1 stick at a time.

baldydave 15:46 04 Apr 09

When you start your pc press del or f2 or whatever key it is to enter the bios,go through settings and set memory to automatic as some dells have memory overclocked

citadel 16:02 04 Apr 09

motherboard may not take 2g sticks, check your motherboard manual.

perpetual motion 17:03 04 Apr 09

Hi guys thankx, the pc can take upto 8-10 gig i belive, also the RAM is the correct type,"baldydave" the BIOS is HUGE! ive never seen anything like it tbh but i will have a look thankx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…