Upgrading my PC for gaming. HELP!!

MichaelRawlings 12:31 10 Jun 15

So I've got a 4 year old acer aspire m3920 I think. it's got an intel i5 2300 @2.8Ghz, 3gb of ram, 300watt psu, and that's all I know. I'm not a computer whiz and need some advice on what I need to do to upgrade my pc. I'm planning on spending around £100 on a graphics card, also upgrade the psu and ram. I'm wondering if my cpu is up to date and of its good enough for an upgrade. I do not know what the motherboard is but I've posted some pics. I also have a really old graphics card installed which I am going to replace. So could anyone help recommend what parts need replacing and upgrading, thanks a lot for any help.

Jollyjohn 13:12 10 Jun 15

Go to Crucial.co.uk and run the system scanner. This will give details of your motherboard and how much RAM it can support.

Then go to the motherboard manufacturers website for more details about the board.

Jollyjohn 13:12 10 Jun 15

Go to Crucial.co.uk and run the system scanner. This will give details of your motherboard and how much RAM it can support.

Then go to the motherboard manufacturers website for more details about the board.

Stanxl 00:52 11 Jun 15

Compatible memory: DDR3-1333. CPU - fine. PSU - you need at least 450w(click here GPU: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…