Upgrading my PC to game?

baynesy 16:37 PM 04 Mar 12

Hi, I've recently got back into gaming, and wanted to upgrade my PC as it's pretty out of date. I have 2GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce FX 5900XT graphics card and an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 2.08 Ghz processor.

How should I upgrade, what parts should I get: a new processor/RAM/graphics card or should I just try to sell this PC and get a new pre-built one? I want to be able to play COD: MW3 and BF3 etc.

Thanks in advance

PS. I don't want to spend more than £250, although if I got a new PC I'd max at £500

baynesy 16:38 PM 04 Mar 12

I also have a big hard drive, as well as NAS stroage, so I'm not worried about upgrading that.

KRONOS the First 11:14 AM 05 Mar 12

I think you have answered your own question. Your PC is very old and I think that you would do better to buy or build a new one.

Here is a quick spec:

Pentium G620 £48+(CPU).

Gigabyte GA-H61M-B2-S3 £42+ (mobo).

4GB Corsair PC1066 £22+(RAM).

Cooler-master GX450W £27+ (PSU).

HD 6850 £100+ (Graphics).

Case of your choice,new optical drive and a hard-drive size your choice. I have added optical dive and hard-drive as yours will use a IDE connection and the new Mobo has only Sata ports on it. You could transfer Your XP operating system over but in my opinion this would be a good opportunity to upgrade to Windows 7.

This spec give scope to upgrade if you wish in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know