Upgrading my pc

stevebowden1234 14:16 11 Feb 05

i've been looking round ebay for a good deal on a mother board and graphics card, and i'm worried that the 2 won't be compatible, what type of RAM i should also purchase. Basically i'd like to upgrade spending about £300 to £400, but i haven't got a clue what it go for.

Ivor_Monkey 14:20 11 Feb 05

You may be alot better off going to a local computer shop and asking them to put something together or an online store.

FelixTCat 14:28 11 Feb 05

Agreed. You really don't know what you are getting on ebay and you have no come-back if the items turn out not to work or are incompatible.

First, you have to decide what you want the computer to do. If you want to play the latest games at the fastest possible frame rate, you end up paying nearly 10 times as much as if you do a little word processing, emailing and web surfing. There are so many combinations of processor type, speed, memory, hard drive size and graphics that you have to be clear what you want to achieve before you spend anything.

These days it can almost be worth considering a laptop as your main computer, they have become so powerful.

Jeffers22 14:40 11 Feb 05

Agree 100% with the above two posts. You will get a pretty good spec for your budget with assurance and a guarantee.

PsiFox 14:57 11 Feb 05

It would help if you told us what the spec of the machine you currently have is.
PsiFox

TomJerry 17:42 11 Feb 05

go EBuyer click here, do not touch Ebay with long pole

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…