Upgrading my graphics card

Richardsreds 19:56 28 Jan 12

Hello again,

Hi,

This is my PC as below:-

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 Intel Core i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93 GHz 8.0GB RAM ATI Radeon HD5600 Series 8 USB Ports

I am going to by Blizard's Diablo 3 when it is released later this year and would like to improve my PC slightly to make the experience as good as possible.

Any tips as to what i should be upgrading?

I am expecting that my graphics card should be upgraded so what cards can i upgrade to and how do i do this?

Kindest regards & Many thanks for your help again,

Richard

Richardsreds 13:54 12 Feb 12

Hey guys, any help with this query?

All i really want to know is how i find out what cards are compatible with my PC so i can buy a new one.

Ian in Northampton 14:10 12 Feb 12

The two key questions are a) what is the size of your case - this will determine whether you can support a full size or only a half size card, and b) whether your motherboard supports PCI Express. It's 99% certain that it will do, in which case you have a very broad choice.

If my research is correct, though, it looks as if the HD5600 is a pretty capable graphics card, and you'd be looking at a fair bit of money to improve it. If I were you, I'd try the new game with your existing card and see how you get on before laying out money on another one.

I see that the recommended (as opposed to minimum) card for the game is an NVIDIA GeForce 260 or ATI Radeon HD 4870 or better: do some research on those, and then start looking at more expensive ones if you must... :-)

KRONOS the First 15:21 12 Feb 12

What card have you actually got? You say a 5600 series would that be a HD 5670? This one HD 5670

Richardsreds 21:57 19 Feb 12

yeah i have a pci express

any suggestions? have around £50

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…