Upgrading my advent laptop

AlanLaptop 23:04 15 Nov 07

Hi all, I have an advent laptop which I use alot to play a FPS game called Soldier Front, However, when I play my crosshair goes big whereas on my pc it doesn't, I've been told it could be my graphics card or something, so Im wondering is it this? if not what is it and is it possible to upgrade whatever it is at PC world or anywhere?

All help appreciated.

Alan.

brundle 23:43 15 Nov 07

Need more info; run this <click here> on both systems and find out graphics capabilities on each - laptops are usually limited in that area.

AlanLaptop 01:42 16 Nov 07

Hi I just ran it and I've got this whole page of information, what am i meant to be looking at lol? Sorry im not very 'technical'

AlanLaptop 01:46 16 Nov 07

This is under display which may be it?

Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family [Display adapter] (2x)
Generic PnP Monitor (15.4"vis

razzledazzle 02:07 16 Nov 07

Should be display adapter. go into my computer, system information, device manager then display adapter it will tell you about the graphics stuff...

AlanLaptop 17:00 16 Nov 07

It says

Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

Totally-braindead 17:31 16 Nov 07

You can't upgrade the graphics on a laptop, what you have is what you are stuck with.
Only suggestion I have is check the graphics option in the game as there may be different ways of displaying the crosshairs and you might just have the wrong one selected.

Only real hardware upgrade you can do simply to a laptop is add more memory and that is dependant on what you have already.

AlanLaptop 17:34 16 Nov 07

Oh, Hmm thanks alot for help, its just basically, on some stages the game lags a bit. I've tried diff settings e.g. 16 bit, lightmap off, low resolution but no help :(

I guess i'll have to make do

Once again, thanks :) anythin I can do like give rep on here or somethin?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced