Upgrading Mobo and Cpu

alltime 13:07 10 Feb 07

If i upgrade the mobo and cpu, When and IF the computer boots, and does the bios run, should the operating system on the hdd be recognised.?

Totally-braindead 13:15 10 Feb 07

I presume what you are talking about is just connecting the old hard drive with windows already on it up to a new motherboard and processor. Is that right?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:18 10 Feb 07

Drivers to disable BEFORE changing motherboard
click here

Totally-braindead 14:22 10 Feb 07

One thing I must mention to you as you haven't replied yet. If your version of windows is one you got preloaded on the PC it may be locked to the motherboard. If it is and you replace the board it may fail to validate, it may not it could be ok but you would be better to check just in case.

alltime 09:37 11 Feb 07

Totally-braindead and Fruit Bat/\0/\. Thanks for your replies. Yes Tb your presumption is correct just upgrading the board and cpu with the os Win xp home taken from the old case. The win xp was not preloaded as we have the full disc.
FB, Thanks for the info will have a read and try to digest before i attempt the transplant.

bennyhillslovechild 09:45 11 Feb 07

Just make sure you back up any critical data first. EVERY time I have replaced a mobo and cpu, I have had to do a clean install of XP...so be prepared for that eventuallity.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…