Upgrading Microsoft Office

IvanSmall 13:02 30 Sep 07

I have an old computer with microsoft office 2000 on it, I was thinking about upgrading to office 2003. After doing some research I found that there was a full version of 2003 and an upgrade version. I was wondering whether the full version would be required or would the upgrade version work seeing as I already have the 2000 edition.

Thanks- Ivan Small.

RobCharles1981 13:11 30 Sep 07

I wouldn't bother with upgrading why pay when you get open office its identical to MS Office

click here

VoG II 14:21 30 Sep 07

To answer your question, yes the upgrade will work if you have Office 2000 installed.

DieSse 15:14 30 Sep 07

But why upgrade from Office2000 - I still use it and it does fine for everything I want. In fact PhotoDraw, which came along with it is no longer available, but I think it's great for many things and still use it lots.

Why waste your money on an expensive upgrade you probably don't need?

jimmybond 15:19 30 Sep 07

"why pay when you get open office its identical to MS Office"

I'm sure the developers at Microsoft will be intrigued as to how an open source development project has managed to duplicate an 'identical' product to MS Office.

I agree with last posting btw - don't upgrade it just for the sake of having an upgrade. Does it do what you want currently?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…