Upgrading a Mesh pc

I currently have a pc that i purchased from Mesh. I wish at some point to upgrade the cpu, mobo and ram in one go.

Is it a simple matter of turning my pc off, opening it up and taking the old componenents out and putting the new ones in? Or are there other things i have to do?

Anyone with a Mesh who has upgraded these components?

I have never upgraded like this before so don't know where to start really. The only thing I have ever done is insert some memory and that was just amatter of sticking it in a slot.

Bleep 11:09 04 Feb 05

Mesh PC's will upgrade as well as any other, please post your current set-up and what you intend to put in the machine an we will let you know if its compatible and how to do it:

If your not sure what you have use PC WIZARD 2004: click here

Bleep 11:11 04 Feb 05

Yes it is almost as simple as opening it up and putting it in, providing it compatible, you take anti-static precautions and ensure old software/drivers are installed properly and the new software installed successfully.

Let us know what your trying to acheive with your upgrade so that we can help out...

Well for a start I am not ready to upgrade at the moment this is for sometime later on in the year more than likely. Just thinking ahead at the moment.

I want to replace the following:

CPU-AMD643200+(socket 754)
Mobo-K8V SE Deluxe(socket 754)
RAM-512MB pc3200 Hynix + 512MB Crucial pc3200(i installed myself)

with possibly this bundle i'vve been looking at:

CPU-AMD643500+(socket 939)
Mobo-Asus A8V Deluxe(socket 939)
RAM-1GB Corsair PC3200 XLPT Dual Channel Kit

Bleep 12:50 04 Feb 05

Problem there is that you only have an OEM windows XP licence, by changing that amount of hardware you will run into activation issues with XP.

XP stores in a hidden partion and registers with Microsoft the serial numbers of your hardware so it may fail on re-activiation.

There are ways to minimise this and a search in this forum and google should help you along the way.

Bleep 12:52 04 Feb 05

I upgraded my motherboard, CPU and ended up having to do a clean reinstall of XP and only succeded with activation after a phone call to Microsoft - at worst a new XP oem £50 on ebuyer.com

Bleep 12:53 04 Feb 05

click here click here click here these sites may help the rest of the upgrade is fine and simple to do.

Thx Mr Bleep!

Modo 14:33 04 Feb 05

I hope you'll be able to tell a difference!

dth 16:39 04 Feb 05

Must add to Modo's comments - the two specs are quite near to each other and I suspect that it will be difficult to tell the difference!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…