Upgrading memory

*Silver*Hawk* 16:10 22 Jan 05

Hi all what do you think?

I am thinking of upgrading my memory. I currently have 512 mb of pc2700 ddr memory out of 2 sticks of 256. I would like at least one gb, do you think I should buy another stick of 512? and would they work well together as I have heard of latency and what not. How do I know the three sticks are compatible. Thanks in advance.

LeadingMNMs 16:13 22 Jan 05

Do a check here click here to see what your system / motherboard supports. Some types of memory need installing in two's, and your motherboard may not necessarily support 1Gb, although thats unlikely.

spuds 16:46 22 Jan 05

If you are not sure about the motherboard, run either or both of these programmes Everest [ex Aida32] click here Belarc click here

citadel 17:01 22 Jan 05

If you know you have pc2700 just get 512 of the same. The normal type will be ok, it is the more expensive type normally used by people who go in for overclocking that has lower latency. I asume you are using windows xp as some verions of windows have problems with more than 512.

*Silver*Hawk* 16:04 24 Jan 05

hi thanks for the replies. I am late in replying because pc advisor was reported as spam on my gmail. I will have a look at those links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…