upgrading from ME to XP

gerryp96 21:48 17 Nov 05

I am running an ME system with 2.00 Gigahertz processor, 256 meg memory, 180 meb hard drive.
I have the opportunity to have a XP upgrade possibly involving formatting the hard drive and installing the XP system.
Is it just as simple as that, I have an experienced guy involved in the upgrade.
What I am concerned about are the number of programmes that could be out of date for XP ie.
Lotus Smartsuite (95-98)
Microsoft Worksuite 2001, I use the Money programme in the Worksuite a lot.
Does anyone know what problems lie in wait with either the upgrade or running these programmes on XP.
Thanks for any help

VoG II 21:52 17 Nov 05

Install XP click here

Upgrade advisor click here

Compatability mode click here

ade.h 22:12 17 Nov 05

You shouldn't have any problems with Worksuite at least. XP was released that same year, and I use Office 2000 with it, which works just fine. The old Lotus stuff, I'm not so confident about. There is such a thing as Compatibility Mode in XP; however, on the one occasion that I had cause to try it, it failed miserably, so you probably shouldn't rely on it.

gerryp96 22:49 17 Nov 05

Thanks ade.h will bear that in mind

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…