upgrading laptops graphics

matt1234 20:52 06 Apr 04

id just like to know is it possible in the future i might upgrade my laptops graphics
click here for its spec!

TomJerry 21:08 06 Apr 04

For most laptops, you cannot do any upgrading for graphics. Some laptops use Mini-AGP graphics card which insert into a mini-agp slot, then it is technical possible to upgrade. But I would say it is practically impossible to upgrade because I have not seen any company selling mini-agp card in the market.

I think you better forget the idea of upgrading graphics for a laptop.

TomJerry 21:14 06 Apr 04

AJP D410U click here
AJP D480W click here

powerless 21:16 06 Apr 04

click here

TomJerry 21:46 06 Apr 04

Performer XL from Novatech seems great for game (5600 graphics) click here

another great (in terms of specifications) game laptop click here

matt1234 11:34 07 Apr 04

this laptop is a great game player all i needed really to know would it be possible in the future as games get bigger

and i will not be doin it myself because goin it to laptops is one type of computer i dont open up!

TomJerry 11:47 07 Apr 04

The machine you mentioned is not really good for games because it will not support Direct X 9 for start.

matt1234 21:49 07 Apr 04

it does because ive got it running on mine

Gaz 25 22:33 07 Apr 04

DX 9 is backward compatible, so it does work but DX 9 doesnt work fully.

Fraid, although it is possible for experts to upgrade laptop graphics, its not worth it. Expensive for one.

If it includes a mini-AGP slot, then you could, but you would have to be a Trade customer to have access to laptop parts, which you cannot if you are a home user and not a business.

I would forget the idea. Thats one of the main problems with Laptops, not future compatible at all.

TomJerry 23:01 07 Apr 04

Try to play Half Life then.

Gaz 25 23:06 07 Apr 04

TomJerry is correct...

dx 9 games will not run correctly.

But since DX9 works with DX8 cards, then it will not cause any problem, exempt from the fact that it does not play DX 9.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…