upgrading laptop

Base Delta Zero 18:20 27 May 05

I'm a desktop person myself, but i have a Toshiba 430 CDT with a 120mhz socket 5 Intel Pnetium. It's not that slow for what i use it for, but would it be possible to upgrade it to a 200mhz pentium? Would I beable to do this? I know there was a 166mhz and 200mhz version of this model, but they may have used a different motherboard. It runs windows 98 se and has 48mb ram.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:27 27 May 05

Belarc Advisor (609K)click here System information will give info on exactly what you have fitted.

Post back motherboard info for more advice.

A memory upgrade will speed thngs up considerably, 48Mb is absolute minimum.

palinka 18:31 27 May 05

I'm definitely no expert, especially on hardwarew matters, but I just wanted to reassure you that installing extra RAM in a laptop is easy, and would perhaps help a lot with your system. I dithered for ages before my fisrt laptop RAM upgrade, but eventually took the plunge and was amazed how simple it was. Use Crucial.com to establish what is posible and available for your laptop, then just pop it in.

Base Delta Zero 18:40 27 May 05

it has the maximum ram it can take! It doesnt seem to want to read most cds either, probably because its 2x speed. It may be a special cd just for this model, but did they do a faster one, would be useful!

Base Delta Zero 18:50 27 May 05

Belarc says that the main circuitboard is: bios 06/30/97, and i know thats rubbish. Cpuz doesnt pick it up at all.

VoG II 18:53 27 May 05

What does Everest click here say?

palinka 18:55 27 May 05

the Belarc site that Fruit Bat /\0/\ recommends provides a link to crucial.

Base Delta Zero 19:19 27 May 05

i cant use everest, as the laptop only has a working floppy drive at the momeny, and no internet connection or usb ports. The crucial website said thye dont stock the memory anymore, as it is too old. Does anyone know a link to the manual for this toshiba 430cdt, cant my hard copy anywhere...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…