UPGRADING TO INCREASE SPEED

pittza 18:45 11 Feb 09

Hi, Can anyone tell me the best ways to upgrade my AND Athlon (tm) 1500+ 1.30 GHz , 1.50 GB of Ram running XP pro service pack 2. I need to increase the speed to record multiple audio tracks, I know the memory can be increased to 3 MB
which I will do but is there anything else I could do without buying a new PC?

ambra4 18:55 11 Feb 09

What is the make and model of the motherboard?

Terry Brown 19:49 11 Feb 09

By 'record multiple audio tracks', I assume you want to max tracks to create your on sound.

If that is all then your system should be capable, but you may need new software for recording.

A quick Google brought up this page, which includes some free /some pay software.

I have not tried any of them as I use Cool Edit Pro (Now Adobe)for all my recording /editing work.
Terry

Terry Brown 19:51 11 Feb 09

By 'record multiple audio tracks', I assume you want to mix tracks to create your own sound.

If that is all then your system should be capable, but you may need new software for recording.

A quick Google brought up this page, which includes some free /some pay software.

I have not tried any of them as I use Cool Edit Pro (Now Adobe)for all my recording /editing work.
Terry
(Spelling mistakes corrected)

pittza 19:58 11 Feb 09

Hi ambra4,
Everest scan says :
Motherboard Name MSI KT3V (MS-6712)

Company Name Micro-Star International

Stuartli 20:06 11 Feb 09

These are the specifications of your mobo:

click here

These are the AMD CPUs it will support:

click here

Bios history details:

click here

Stuartli 20:07 11 Feb 09

You should be able to find a suitable faster CPU on e-Bay.

woodchip 20:13 11 Feb 09

Yes only one way with a CPU like that, I am on a Athlon 1600+ A bit faster than yours. Only way is a Mobo CPU upgrade. i.e a motherboard Kit

woodchip 20:15 11 Feb 09

PS the CPU is too old to warrant buying a faster one as you will be stuck with old secondhand CPU's that will cost a arm and a leg. Cheapest and best way is a Upgrade as above

Stuartli 20:15 11 Feb 09

See:

click here

If you do go down this route, note which particular CPUs cannot be paired with your particular mobo.

woodchip 20:19 11 Feb 09

Cheap Kit click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…