Upgrading to IE7....error code 0x11...

Fay2 16:34 15 Nov 07

For the last few months IE has been going slower and slower.... thought I'd try again to upgrade to 7 .... still no luck... error code 0x11.
I've been on the Microsoft website but this code isnot on.....referred me to a site .. msdn....way above my head!!!!!

All my auto windows upgades are fine except this one.

I know there's something not quite right because my computer is making a clicking labouring sound while I'm waiting for a page to open.

Just done a spy and anti virus check of the whole system... no problems.

Maybe I should have put this on the beginners page as most people seem to be talking about Vista and I'm still on XP

Can anyone please tell me what this error code means?
Thanks
Fay

pj123 17:25 15 Nov 07

If your computer is making a clicking labouring sound I would suggest that it may be your hard disk on the way out.

Make sure you have backups.

Error code 0x11. All I can find is it seems to be a NetBIOS error Local Session Table Full. But it only seems to apply to Windows NT.

click here

Fay2 20:27 15 Nov 07

thanks for the advise pj123 I'll def. backup ...... although the link was as clear as mud. I thought it was something to do with mapping?? whatever that is.

Anyway I've managed to upgrade to IE7 after the seventh attempt so I'll now forget about it and do a back up.

Hope everything on line, moves a bit quicker

Fay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video