Upgrading from Hotmail to Outlook.com

RegScriv 18 Sep 12

Hotmail is being replaced by Outlook.com. According to the latest PCAdvisor, upgrade should be via the options menu in hotmail. I can't find any reference to an upgrade. Firstly, is it worth doing now - Outlook.com is supposedly going to replace hotmail anyway. Secondly, can anyone help me find the upgrade option.

Sea Urchin 18 Sep 12

All you need to do is sign in to your Hotmail account in the usual way. It will be upgraded automatically.

rdave13 18 Sep 12
  rdave13 18 Sep 12
  RegScriv 18 Sep 12

Thanks all, I used the tinyurl link, logged onto the Outlook.com with my hotmail/windows live logon and it upgraded my account.

rdave13 18 Sep 12

Note if you have more than one Hotmail account, or Live account, you can also add these in the same way (there is an option when you're in the web mail to add accounts). If you use Windows Live Mail as a client, then it won't make any difference.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message