upgrading hard drive??

onetruelove2008 21:20 22 Jul 09

i have a pc with a 80gb hard drive it has windows xp on it. i have bought another harddrive 160gb one but it has no system on it i dont have a xp disc t install windows properly is there any other way of getting xp on the new hard drive or adding the hard drive in and making it my main one so i would have 2 ??? thanks amy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:10 22 Jul 09

Easiest way is just to add the second drive as a slave.
Leaving the other as the main drive, you can then move your documents pictures etc. to the new drive and leave the operating system and programs on the old drive.

if you really want the new drive as the master with the operating system on and you do not have XP to reinstall from a CD then you need to "clone" the old drive to the new drive. click here
once cloning is complete and you have checked everything works ok you can the wipe the old drive and use it as extra storage.

woodchip 22:14 22 Jul 09

IF IDE drives that mean them with a wide Ribbon Cable plug, fit it as slave then use XXCLONE to clone the C:\ drive to the new drive. after change jumper settings to master on the new drive and old to slave Restart computer

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…