Upgrading Graphics card on Laptop

CJ57 11:53 01 Jan 03
  CJ57 11:53 01 Jan 03

I have a Rock Sigma Si which has a 8mb graphics card. I would like to upgrade to a 32mb graphics card but do not know if this is practical, as I have heard that hardware changes are difficult on laptops. Can anyone offer any advice as to the feasability of increasing the graphics memory of a laptop, and in particular with regard to a Rock Sigma Si.

jazzypop 11:59 01 Jan 03

I really think that the people you need to be asking are at click here

I would expect that the graphics 'card' for this laptop is actually an onboard chip, soldered to the motherboard. If so, there is no sensible way to upgrade it.

Nickg 12:05 01 Jan 03

"Things go off the boil slightly when you get to the graphics, which are powered by an SiS 630 accelerator integrated into the motherboard chipset just like the one used on the NEC Versa Premium. It too grabs a chunk of memory from the main system, but with 256MB to start with the loss is not going to cause any problems" quote from IT Reviews on the Sigma Si click here looks like upgrading is a no go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…