Upgrading graphics card

yogibear 14:15 28 Dec 07

We've bought our youngest a SH Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000 for Chrimbo, but the graphics seem a tad slow for the games we also bought him. The AGP is a Trident CyberBlade XP Ai1 and I was wondering if it is possible to replace it and, if so, what would be the replacement of choice (budget level).

Gongoozler 14:44 28 Dec 07

Hi yogibear. I'm afraid that you can't change the graphics card on a laptop. You might get some improvement by adding extra memory, but that's all.

denbouy 14:52 28 Dec 07

I am using a Dell Dimension 8200 Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz, 1.00 GB PC-800/40ns RDRAM, Windows XP, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420, AGP slot frame.
Have I left any pertenante information out?
I want to run newer PC games, eg. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, on my computer but need a better graphics card.
Can anyone tell me what model card will work in my computer without having to greatly modify my system, Plug & Play?
Thanks
denbouy

Gongoozler 15:09 28 Dec 07

Hi denbouy. I can't see any reason why you can't use any AGP card, although if you go for one too powerful you may need a more powerful PSU. You might find changing to another NVIDIA card easier. Have a look at the NVIDIA cards here click here

yogibear 16:03 28 Dec 07

Thanks for that Gongoozler. I didn't think you could change it, but if you don't ask...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced