Upgrading Graphics card

poohtigger1964 16:44 20 Oct 04

I have a dell4500 with Rage 128 ProII graphics card. How do I upgrade this and to what, how do I know which one is compatible with my machine.?

bearpot 16:52 20 Oct 04

Upgrading a graphics card is easy - just remove the pc case cover and remove your old graphics card. To remove your old graphics card unscrew the retaining screw and lift out slowly and carefully. Then install your new graphics card into the PCI/AGP slot. Most new graphics card are AGP. To make sure you buy a graphics card that is compatible with your system bring all your motherboard manuals(you may need to download off the net and print) to PC World and they will advise which one to get so that it is compatible with your system
hope this helps

Carpigiani 17:30 20 Oct 04

Don't forget to uninstall the drivers for your old graphics card before removing it & fitting the new one. Go to Control Panel, Add Remove Programs.

georgemac 17:31 20 Oct 04

are you sure that there is a graphics card in your dell dimension - is the rage pro not an onboard graphics chip?

this is the first place to start to see if your motherboard has an AGP slot to accept another graphics card.

click here according to this technical spec your pc has an agp slot running at 4x

the next thing is your budget - how much do you have to spend?

personally I would avoid PC world, unless you want someone to carry out the upgrade for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…