Upgrading graphics card

SimpleStevie 02:14 10 Apr 04

I currently have an Nvidia GeForce 2 MX 400 installed on my PC. I have upgraded virtually every part of the PC apart from the graphics card, so this is my next task.

I just wondered which graphics card would people reccomend me?

My computer is fairly high spec: 2ghz processor, 1ghz ram, 160gb hard drive.

I bought the PC about 3 years ago so the graphics card is well out of date. The only problem is that I only have around £60 to spend, is it possible to get a decent card which will play the latest games without problems? Or should I save up my money for a bit longer and get one a bit more expensive?

Thanks in advance.

hugh-265156 02:35 10 Apr 04

if you like games then aim to spend around £150 get something half decent that will last a while.

try something like a radeon 9800pro click here which will play everything for some time to come.xt cards cost a fortune and although faster than pro versions are not worth it in my opinion.

stay away from non pro(ati) or non ultra(nvidia) cards if you want to play gammes as they are slower in performance.

hugh-265156 02:43 10 Apr 04

ps.

you may be able to pick up a raddy 9600pro or nvidia 9700ultra for around £70-80 which would be a good compromise click here maybe and have a look.

go for the highest clock and memory speeds that fit your buget.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…