Upgrading to a Gaming PC

OMega9 05:59 20 Oct 13

Hi World, Currently, I have a "power house" of a computer I built about 4-5 years ago..:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz
  • MoBo: Intel DP45SG
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • V.Card: 2x ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series

In all, its not that bad. Although, recently I found out the hard way, I can't run DCS World with it. Mainly because this online-game is a CPU eater. My system, was designed to have the GPU process the gaming part.

In any case, now I want to build a new system; and thus, I find myself with the hardware dilemma... I've been suggested the Intel i7-3770 Processor for DCS World.

Info.Link: click here has Graphics capability: Processor Graphics‡ Intel®HD Graphics 4000 built into it...

Does this mean I don't need a video card on the Mobo..?

I mean, I wanted to buy the Intel DZ77BH-55K mobo.

Info.Link: click here allows for 2x PCIe cards... Or, is the built-in graphics capabilities on the CPU only for gaming calculations and not for rendering...? can you explain..?

Thank you all, in advance for your help...

Which which

nickf 11:40 20 Oct 13

CPU is a great bit of kit , I have mine overclocked to 4.5GHz with a liquid cooler . Personally I would go for an ASUS Z77 Sabertooth MoBo , but I don't know what your budget is . The graphics on the CPU are not really suitable for modern games . You would be much better off getting a discreet GPU , again budget is your limiting factor , as well as case size and PSU output .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced