Upgrading existing laptop for new

tips6 15:22 09 May 08

Hi there,

I wonder if someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I currently have a Toshiba Portege P2000 laptop, which I've had from new for a good number of years now. I use it basically everyday for work, and it has not given me an ounce of trouble... until now.

I'm looking at upgrading this current laptop for new. As I've been very impressed and pleased with Toshiba, I'd like to stick with them, and I've got my sights set on getting a new Portege R500-100. Could anyone tell me though if its possible to trade my existing laptop in (sort of like a part exchange). Also, I've got an older Sony Vaio PCG-F505 which I could use in a trade-in too perhaps?

Does anyone know if Toshiba operate a policy like this, or if there is a distributor out there who operates a scheme like this?

Regards,

Matt

AlexPB 15:47 09 May 08

Hi,

There is a place called The Laptop Shop click here who do accept second hand laptops.

Try giving them a call or dropping them an email and see if they would do it for you.

Hope this helps.

GaT7 16:22 09 May 08

The Toshiba Portege R500 100 click here is expensive for the spec. I suppose there are a few things going for it - it's small, light weight & has a long battery life.

I think you could get a similar 12-14" laptop from elsewhere for less - probably not as light weight & with such a long battery life though. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…