Upgrading a Dell Pentium II Optiplex GX1 400

Amber Alert 06:18 08 Mar 03

I would like to upgrade my hard drive and Processor from what I have at the moment, installed is a 6.5GB hard drive and was wondering how large a drive I can go up to. From what I can find out on the internet I could upgrade my processor to Pentium III 1Ghz but trying to find one is another story, Iv already upgraded my Bios from A03 to A07 as recommended in preparation of this event. I may go down the route of trying the device from the Powerleap Company which could bring my Pc up to a 1.4Ghz speed, but advice would be appreciated in what for me is a new adventure in working inside a PC.

armageddon_outta_here 07:53 08 Mar 03

I don't know if you have used the dell support forum, but if you haven't you will see that they have a number of threads on tis subject. Like you, I'm unsure about the upgrade options for a dell.
I think it comes to:
1) new chip (I can go to only about 1.1ghz (I don't know what your limit is)(Cost £50-100?)

2) adaptor (with powerleap I could goto 1.4 (cost of at least £120 in UK)

3) new box, psu, mobo and cpu and then transfer hard drive, CD-RW,DVD into new base system (perhaps abit more than the powerleap but with a more powerful spec)

4.totally new system

5. check out flecc's Strewth thread about getting more spped with the existing hardware.

I don't know if this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…