//some 3rd party need geo

Upgrading cpu and mobo compatability.

glen2409 21:53 03 Jun 03

I am wanting to upgrade my processor. My mobo is a ECS K7S5A Version 1.0. I currently have an Athlon 1600XP processor. i want to upgrade to a 2400 or 2600XP.

My BIOS is American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T 04/02/01. I have tried checking the ECS website but not really much help. Don't know if need to upgrade BIOS and been told this is a bit risky,

Can you please help/advise?

goonerbill 22:15 03 Jun 03

heres at table of ECS mobo's with what xp cpus they can take click here it looks as if ya do need to upgrade ya bios. heres the latest for your mobo click here click on downloads, then bios in motherboard section and its there. ECS mobos are easy to bios flash, just follow the instructions and its vertually impossible to flash with the wrong bios.

glen2409 22:33 03 Jun 03

Thanks for your help.

I am new to the techy side of pcs. I have XP pro. How do i make up a boot up disk and do I put the flash download on the disk. it was a bit confusing reading the instructions on the ECS website

goonerbill 22:50 03 Jun 03

put the flash prog and bios update (after unzipping it) onto a floppy and run from it.

get boot disk from here click here click on download in brackets

glen2409 23:03 03 Jun 03

I have Windows XP, is that link not for a boot up disk for Windows 98?

So I need to sort out a boot up disk and then restart my pc and boot from the disk.

I need to download the latest BIOS? On boot up it does actually say Release 15/12/2001 s. When i have downloaded the BIOS, unzip and put all files,etc on to another disk.

If I have booted from a floppy how do I run the BIOS update from disk.

Sorry to be a pain but instructions would be much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…