Upgrading Computer + Power Supply

zingy12 17:40 PM 28 Jun 13
Answered

So I have decided to upgrade my computer and the parts I am looking at are Intel I5 3470 GTX 660 OC DirectCU 2gbs Gigabyte B75M-D3H With a 1 terabyte hdd and 8 gigs of ram. I am buying the Zalman Z9 ATX Mid-tower case and was wondering if my parts would all fit and if they would work with a 500w power supply. Also is this a good build to play recent games on higher settings?

Chronos the 2nd 18:22 PM 28 Jun 13

Big case so you will find that your components will look a little lost in there.

Your case will take an ATX sized motherboard and you have selected a M-ATX motherboard which is smaller than the ATX? Absolutely nothing with the motherboard but with that sized case with a window it is going to look a little empty.

Games will play fine on those components though.

zingy12 19:13 PM 28 Jun 13

Ok but will everything is it doable with that sized case and will everything fit properly? Also will all these specs work with a 500w power supply?

Chronos the 2nd 20:12 PM 28 Jun 13

As I said the components will fit but will look tiny and yes, provided you are buying a decent make PSU then 500w is plenty.

zingy12 21:35 PM 28 Jun 13

Ok awesome and would this build be able to run most recent games at high settings with a decent fps?

zingy12 21:36 PM 28 Jun 13

Also are M-ATX motherboards worst than ATX and would it be worthed buying an ATX or is the one I'm getting alright?

Chronos the 2nd 04:10 AM 29 Jun 13

The M-ATX motherboard is fine and the only real difference is probably not so many PCI slots which these day not many of us use any way. My main gaming rig has a M-ATX motherboard as for sometime now I have preferred a smaller build though still powerful.

And yes you will be able to play games at high settings with decent framerates.

Chronos the 2nd 04:10 AM 29 Jun 13
Answer

The M-ATX motherboard is fine and the only real difference is probably not so many PCI slots which these day not many of us use any way. My main gaming rig has a M-ATX motherboard as for sometime now I have preferred a smaller build though still powerful.

And yes you will be able to play games at high settings with decent framerates.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites