Upgrading Activesync

henryf 16:47 14 Aug 05

I have a problem upgrading Activesync. THe old version with my smartphone worked fine. When I purchased a PDA it came with a newer version. When I atttempted to installit, it successfully unistalledd the old version, but then 92% through copying the new files, it stops. I then get the error "setup could not copy the file D:\MS\ACTSYNC\MAIN\core\inf\WCEUSBSH.CAT (copy error -1).

I can not uninstall the software as there is nothing to uninstall. I am unable to communicate with either my phone or PDA. Help please

ton 17:33 14 Aug 05

Download latest version of Activsync click here

henryf 18:43 14 Aug 05

I have tried downloading the latest version, but to all intents and purposes, I get exaclty the same result. There would appear to be something on my machine which is preventing the set up from running properly. Sadly I have no idea what it is.

ton 20:32 14 Aug 05

I found this on a forum, maybe worth a try, notice that 92% is mentioned.

I have experienced the same problem on two different computers. Here is how I fixed the problem.

1. Download the most current version of activesync and save it on your hard drive. Make sure the device is not connected to the computer.
2. Reboot the computer and start up in Safe Mode with Networking.
3. Log in as Administrator
4. Run the program MSASYNC.EXE you downloaded.
It will copy files and then stop.
5. Use ALT CTR DEL to bring up the Task Manager. Got to the process tab.
6. End the task MSASYNC.EXE
7. End the task Setup -- leave is_setup alone.
The install process will then continue. It may halt for a minute around 92% but should then continue.

Like I said this worked on both of my computers. Don't know if it would work without going into safe mode -- ran out of computers to test this on.

rubella 22:50 14 Aug 05

click here will surely aid your quest.

rubella 22:53 14 Aug 05

Sorry-wrong thread

ton 22:54 14 Aug 05

rubella ??

ton 22:55 14 Aug 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…