UPGRADING

twin 20:20 10 Dec 03

Hello. Could any one tell me what is the best performing graphics card i could buy for under
£40.
THANKS

Gongoozler 20:33 10 Dec 03

Hi twin. For under £40 you won't get the fastest performing games card (that will cost 10 times as much), but the GForce4 MX440 is a very competent chipset, and the Gainward GeForce4 PowerPack Pro/600 is 8x AGP compatible and has 64MB of DDR ram. click here

twin 20:44 10 Dec 03

Thanks Gongoozler. Its not a bad site.
GeForce4 PowerPack Pro/600 I am a bit confused
with this one in reviews someone is going on about phono adapter included do you know what this is. is a type of TV-out

Gongoozler 21:15 10 Dec 03

Hi twin. The GF4 PowerPack Pro/600 that I installed recently for a friend had a S-Video out connector, and I think the reviewer was referring to an adapter allowing the connection of a phono type lead between this and a suitable socket on a tv set to allow the picture to be viewed on the tv set. Many tv's these days have a phono socket to allow pictures from video or digital cameras to be viewed. There are also phono to SCART adapters for tv's without phono sockets.

If your motherboard doesn't have 8x AGP, the GF2 is 4x AGP and is also an excellent graphics card and available at quite a lot less than the GF4. click here

Gongoozler 21:23 10 Dec 03

For the full spec of the Gainward GF4 PowerPack Pro/600, see their site click here#,

twin 13:56 11 Dec 03

Thanks Gongoozler.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…