upgrades to mtherboard

BRUM-WELSH 21:13 22 Feb 07

i have an Athlon 64 3400+,xp pro,motherboard MS-6741 1.0.id like to upgrade ram,graphics,etc.Is this possible and to what extent can i go to?

Technotiger 21:17 22 Feb 07

Hi, run the scan at click here this will tell you all about your own pc's memory and what your can upgrade to.

Technotiger 21:18 22 Feb 07

I would not advise upgrading graphics card unless your have a problem. With graphics "if it aint broke, don't fix it" is the prudent option.

Technotiger 21:20 22 Feb 07

Me again - depending on what other hardware you have, it is often advisable to upgrade your PSU for all-round better performance.

Totally-braindead 21:23 22 Feb 07

The MS6741 appears to be also called the MSI K8MM-ILSR. Personally I would physically check the motherboard against the picture as well as look for any identification marks to be on the safe side. click here thats the webpage. If it is the board then you can have up to two 1 gig DIMMs. Graphics wise you can add any AGP card you wish but you might need a new power supply as newer graphics cards all need extra power.

ed-0 21:29 22 Feb 07

You can go upto either 2Gb of sdram or 2Gb of ddr ram, but you can't mix it.

Any 4X or 8X AGP card.

click here

The best cpu you can use is a 3700+

ed-0 21:32 22 Feb 07

sorry my mistake, it just takes ddr ram.

BRUM-WELSH 21:35 22 Feb 07

thanks tiger.get upto 1 gb for a small price,dont do games so graphics not that important.thats the board Totally.would it be hard for a novice like me to remove the mthrbrd and and connect it all back?maybe another thread!

Technotiger 21:37 22 Feb 07

Not a thing I would recommend a novice to attempt. But, maybe I am just 'chicken'.

Totally-braindead 21:39 22 Feb 07

BRUM-WELSH without a manual it might be quite differcult, why would you wish to do this?
If its just more memory you want it just pushes into place, thats it, you don't have to alter anything or dismantle anything.

BRUM-WELSH 21:42 22 Feb 07

sounds the best way to go Totally.dont want to mess around inside the pc"s case incase i break it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac