upgrades causing bios to loop

Scot_andy 21:37 23 Oct 04

i recently upgraded my motherboard got a new hard drive to run as slave and installed a p4 3Ghz processor...
When booting, it reads all new components and continues to load windows through my partition on my old disk(xp pro).
I then get the option to start (safe mode etc).
After this, no matter what selection i make it reboots.
How do i boot to windows to fix this

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:12 23 Oct 04

OK sounds like it could be rebooting as you are trying to boot XP that was setup on another comp.

XP regards hard drive, Motherboard and processor changes as a new computer.

IF you can't get into safe mode and uninstall drivers then:

Try booting from the XP CD and follow prompts to do a repair.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:28 28 Oct 04

Always reply by posting to your thread then other people can see the progress (or not) and offer help.

Via e-mail

I tried booting from the cd, which took my to an installation page.. It loads everything up then continues to load windows then shows that same error: shut down to protect files if it first time reboot, if not check for viruses, remove newly installed hard disks then reboot. How can i get by this,

i have changed my systems motherboard, processor and hard disk and could not boot from my original hard disk with xp pro.

Tempest1 11:04 30 Oct 04

I had a similiar problem and used the slave drive for a fresh installation and then reconnected the original master and copied files that I needed to keep across and then reformatted it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…