Upgrader.exe. Revisited

topspur 11:34 19 Aug 04

I posted a problem the day before last regarding the above. And i did recieve 2 replies each with a thread leading to various spyware websites and was told to download spywares such as spyhunter which would elimiante the problem. I was told the above is a spyware (keylogger). After running the varios spywares my computer has come out clean, ie no spyware detected but i still keep getting the problem. Well last night i thought i would go on again and see how,why and when it would appear. I have a Panda Platinum Internet Security on my computer. When i log on the panda box appears showing whether the proctection is running and at what level. For the past 2 days it has been at medium so i attempted to updated as the program was ending completion a box appears and this is what is says within ' upgrader.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.If you were in the middle of something the info you were working on will be lost.Please tell Microsoft about this problem.' An error log is created which i do send onto Microsoft but i'm unsure of my next step. Please help!..
Sorry about the long thread..

bretsky 11:56 19 Aug 04

This file relates to your PIS firewall, read the link click here

bretsky ;0)

topspur 12:04 19 Aug 04

Bretsky thanks for that but i've tried that already and it's still not working. I have added the upgrader file manually. Maybe i'm not doing it correctly. Is there a particular way? Would it help if i unistalled PIS and reinstalled? Or shall i delete the whole thing and reinstall Mcafee Internet Security. I hasten to add that PIS was freebie from PC magazine and i only have it for 6 months which runs out in December.

bretsky 12:50 19 Aug 04

I would try a fresh installation of PIS and then go on the net to get updates.

I have just installed Titanium 2004, and having problems with oe6 downloading or forwarding email with large attachments, oe6 times out on me, have adjusted time out settings on oe, but whatever the setting it does the same, anyway, Panda are looking into my problem, have given them a zip file of info about my pc, so I guess the bofs will come up with a fix......otherwise very happy with it. SORRY I digress!!!

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…