Upgradeing for gaming

Will 17:47 06 Nov 07

Hello all I have a set up as follows:

Processor: 2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64,
Board: MSI MS-6702 1.0, Bus Clock: 200Mhz.
Ram: 1 Gig.
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT (128Mhz)

I want to upgrade something, anything really. I looked at a motherboard pack and it doesn't seem to increase the speed that much, I could put some more Ram in but I am looking at a New Graphics card. I noticed today in PC World they had a 256 Mhz card at around £80 but a 512Mhz Card that was cheaper? I also noticed some cards were cheaper that used a PCI slot as apposed to the AGP slot? I don't want to run TV so what would do best to increase the spec for game playing. The new Brothers in Arms Paratrooper game is asking for a 2.8MegHz processor could I run it on my system without changing my Motherboard and processor etc?

citadel 18:15 06 Nov 07

pci slot is different from pci express slot which is what new graphics cards use. you need an agp card. 7600gs or gt would be better than what you have. there are also 7900gs and 7950 agp cards. you need a psu of 450w or better for these.

Will 18:42 06 Nov 07

Citadel thanks for the advice I think you have probably saved me a lot of heartache and stress lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…