//some 3rd party need geo

Upgraded to XP- Modem not reconnected

lightfeet 08:24 23 Nov 04

My Son has a Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop and has upgrading from Windows 2000 Professional to XP Professional. Prior to the upgrade his modem worked perfectly but since the upgrade it has stopped working and does not dial out. At one stage during our investigation there was an indication that the modem was not connected, but I can’t remember where we found this information. Other details are: -
1. Modem Troubleshooter indicates “COM Port may be disabled”
2. In Device Manager – (Ports COM & LPT), only the ECP Printer Port is shown.
3. Control Panel – Printers & Other Hardware – Phone & Modem Options – Modems, no modem or COM Port is shown. It is completely blank
4. I read somewhere that Modems need rejumpering to work on XP Pro but I’ve had a look at the Modem and cannot see any jumpers
Can anyone offer any help please?

bremner 08:26 23 Nov 04

Have you checked whether the modem is XP compatable and if so whether you need a specific XP driver.

Post the make and modle of the modem if you are unsure and I am sure soemone will know.

lightfeet 01:03 24 Nov 04

Thanks bremner, After reading your response I realised the modem driver was missing, so installed it from the original Drivers disc and everything is now working fine. Thanks for your help, much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…