Upgraded to XP

sam 10:42 12 Apr 04

Having upgraded to XP I thought all my troubles were over. What a mistake!
I first discovered that my Agfa Snapscan 1212p was incompatible with XP and so decided to purchase a new one(not Agfa). I have now found out that my LG CD recorder is not compatible either, so its turning out to be a very expensive
upgrade.
Does anyone know where I can obtain the necessary software to enable me to use my recorder. The present disk has `Adaptec Easy CD Creator v4.02c`

Sam

Chegs ® 10:48 12 Apr 04

You could try Nero for burning.I had a similar hassle with XP and my scanner,the HP driver was finally released,but it doesn't work with my scanner.Fortunately the scanner & camera wizard in XP means I can use my scanner,but I have to unplug it when not in use,as XP wont let it switch off.

keith-236785 10:59 12 Apr 04

first of all, your adaptec easy cd writing sotware is not compatible with XP, (you already know that), if you want to stick with what you know then it will cost about £30

for £30 you can buy a new cd/rw drive off the shelf at pc world, makes you wonder doesnt it?

as for the scanner, click here and read up, it says it is a beta version but might be worth a try,

to logon use

user name = drivers

password = all

good luck

DJ-Garry 11:31 12 Apr 04

You can burn CD's direct from XP with no other 'third party' software. This should eliminate your incompatability problem. Look in the left column of your open music media folder. Once you have selcted some songs, there should be an option to burn these to CD-R. Hey presto!!!!!
Good Luck.

Stuartli 12:09 12 Apr 04

Agfa stopped producing scanners a while back and didn't offer updated drivers for the 1212p model, although it did for the 1212u which, fortunately, is my model.

However, a search for drivers can turn them up and it may be worth trying the Win2000 version as they often also work with XP.

However, I'm surprised that your CD rewriter doesn't work as downloading the latest version of your burning program usually works; XP also has a database of drivers for earlier hardware as well.

XP's Help and Support is very comprehensive and it's worth doing a search, including the Internet option.

Stuartli 12:21 12 Apr 04

The Agfa website says:

"Where can I find XP drivers for my SnapScan 1212p?
This type of scanner does not work under XP. Agfa will not make XP drivers in the future either as it stopped its desktop scanner and digital camera business in September 2001.

"If you are running Windows XP and want to use your SnapScan 1212p, you can keep Windows 98 or 2000 on a different partition and install beta drivers for Windows 2000 on that partition."

Here's some 1212P XP driver sources, including the Win2000:

click here (passwords are Drivers and all)

click here

click here

click here

Worth a try and perhaps save buying a new scanner..:-)

sam 14:15 12 Apr 04

Thank you all very much. You have saved me a lot of money.
I now have my old scanner and my CD writer working better than ever.
I used Nero for my writer and downloaded the beta version for my scanner.
Thanks again,

Sam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…