upgraded wireless driver....now stuck renewing ip

bones78 17:54 21 Nov 05

I have just upgraded the driver for my wireless, which worked fine despite the odd reboot/unplug. But now all windows seems to do is try and renew the ip address..........nothing else. I cannot connect to the internet to check e-mail or view web pages.
How can I correct this?
Cheers

Chegs ®™ 18:07 21 Nov 05

Have a look in add/remove progs for "SP-2 Connection Manager" if its there uninstall it.I use a WiFi card in my desktop,it was working fine but suddenly developed a need to constantly acquire an IP address.It drove me nuts(as networking generally does)trying to find out why it suddenly developed this irritation.I have no idea where this app comes from,I suspect Win Updates but until I find someone else with this file...

puma22 18:36 21 Nov 05

Been having the same problem for a couple of weeks see under networking 'Dlink wireless problems please help' parts one and two.
Have tried loads of things which may or may not help. I updated the firmware today (if you do this remember to unplug the phone cable - i didnt and have spent all day resloving it grrr)
I also disabled the utility that came iwth the usb wirelss connector and am using windows now. These might help, but have a look at the other threads as i got laods of great advice
good luck

woodchip 19:52 21 Nov 05

If you can both connect to you router modem with a Ethernet cable you should be able to fix the problem. By copping the settings to the Wireless Computer Software that should be loaded and a Icon in the System tray. After doing any Updates changes Computers and modem should be all shut down. Then restart Router, after lights are steady turn on computer try wireless with Ethernet cable still connected, if it works try removing it.

bones78 20:01 21 Nov 05

Ethernet cable did work, I don't know what the problem was. Instead I networked both pcs through a hub which was then connected to the router, freeing up my wireless dongle for the laptop. Windows connected to the wireless fine, so I am just not going to update the driver or use the supplied wanadoo software...not as many drops under windows.
Cheers for all the help and advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…