upgraded now no Audio

pjelliott 20:59 23 Nov 05

my computer we bought 3 yrs ago had Winxp installed on it and had no winxp disk as a backup i decided to purchase Winxp professional and upgrade,all went well with the upgrade and i am very happy with new os but i have no audio what so ever.In device manager C-Media AC97 audio Device has an exclamation mark on it when i double click on this it says this device cannot start Code 10 can anyone help please

sinbad1 21:22 23 Nov 05

sounds like you need to update the driver click here

Stuartli 21:41 23 Nov 05

C-Media makes various onboard sound chips. See its website:

click here

I used an onboard 8738 chipset for about four years before being given a Soundblaster Live!

The difference is sound is not all that obvious using my IBM 2.1 speaker system, although the Creative card does provide a somewhat more full-bodied sound.

However, the C-Media provides remarkable sound quality for a chipset that can be acquired in PCI card form from around £5 to £10...:-)

The website has/used to have an audio demonstration package which includes a helicopter flying both in front and "behind" - the chipset's 3D simulation is very effective and realistic.

pjelliott 22:14 23 Nov 05

For sinbab1
thks but no joy wiv this driver still same problem

For Stuartli
thks to u as well looks as if i will have to invest in a pci soundcard (C-Media)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…