Upgraded Graphics Card Problems

raymak 18:49 16 Mar 04

New AGP Graphics Card

I have two PC's and decided to use the "bits" fom my older desktop and have them put into a new case etc with new motherborad, processor (2,500mhz) and 120 gb memory.

After the upgrade had been done I then decided to upgrade the graphics card to an nvidia Geforce 4 MX440 8 x AGP which I've fitted myself. The problem I have is that when I connect the monitor to the AGP card the system boots ok, however the monitor turns itself off into standby. I've tried changing the refresh rate - no luck; I've tried booting in safe mode - no luck; I've tried taking the PCI card out so that only the AGP card is fitted - no luck. It's the original monitor which is a CRT one and I used it when I had Windows 98 SE on the old PC and it worked fine.

Rayuk 19:32 16 Mar 04

Try reseating the graphics card

raymak 18:34 17 Mar 04

tried resetting the graphics card...doesn't work

Rayuk 19:04 17 Mar 04

What graphics did you have before you upgraded?was it onboard if so did you remove graphics drivers for old setup and instal new drivers.

raymak 00:08 20 Mar 04

I did remove the previous grahics card and driver

User-312386 01:00 20 Mar 04

i had this problem

go into BIOS and disable onboard graphics

To go to BIOS retsart computer and start hitting the delete key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…