UPGRADE YOUR WINDOWS VISTA EXPERIENCE

Adz1310 14:32 30 May 07

Some one please help,
I have just come home to find my mum has put this onto her new laptop, she did have vista basic. She has put this cd in and now when she boots up it says the product key is invalid. Which is obvious as the product key on her computer will be for vista basic. So is there anyway of putting it back to basic, or do I just need to re-install basic????

LinH 14:38 30 May 07

Adz1310

Your mother has put what on her laptop using what cd? You need to be more specific before anyone can help.

Assuming Vista Basic came pre-installed with the laptop you can, of course, reinstall it using the recovery disc or partition.

LinH

Adz1310 14:47 30 May 07

she had another cd with the title
"upgrade your windows vista experience"
Windows anytime upgrade

When loading it says it is now windows vista business, but the product key doesnt work as that key was for the vista basic that came pre installed

Pineman100 14:51 30 May 07

Where did she get the CD? Is it a valid Microsoft upgrade?

Adz1310 14:53 30 May 07

Yep it is. The disk says windows anytime upgrade

Adz1310 14:54 30 May 07

It seems to have upgrading from basic to business!!!
I think I may just have to use the recovery disk and wipe everything and start again unless anyone else has any better ideas?

rawprawn 15:05 30 May 07

I got one of those Windows Anytime Upgrade Cd's with my new Vaio Laptop. If you read the instructions, it tells you how to install the upgrade, but then you have to follow the onscreen instructions to buy it online.Unfortunately she should only have loaded it if she wanted to upgrade. I think you will have to use the recovery partition to go back to Basic.

rawprawn 15:10 30 May 07

click here
For costs

LinH 15:38 30 May 07

Adz1310

Agree with rawprawn, you might as well start again and reinstall Basic. You can save the My Documents folder to a cd so you have any letters etc you want to keep. You will, however, lose all programs installed on the machine, these will vahe to be reinstalled as well.

LinH

LinH 15:40 30 May 07

For vahe read have, sorry.

LinH

mumboitaliano 02:11 15 Jun 07

ADZ 1310 - did you manage to solve your mothers problem? I did this to my laptop yesterday thinking I was going to improve the system because not happy with it. I now cannot do anything other than access internet. Have tried to purchase product key but cannot do this either. All my office products have disapeared so cannot re-start and unistall. Please please could you let me know what you did to resolve your problem! Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5